– 1964 born in Hamburg
– 1992 start of the studies of illustrations at the local technical collage of higher education
– 1999 final certificate from the illustration establishment
– since 1992 own studio, works mainly with acrylic and oil colours, mixed techniques and drawings
– since 2000 change her paintings to abstraction
– since 2004 member of the artists agency of Hamburg
Inken Rave-Lohmann paints in various formats, whereby she prefers large formats which give her the opportunity to paint in a generous, multi-layered style and the freedom to realise more complex visual images. For the last four years or so Inken Rave-Lohmann has been occupied with wood sculpting. She works primarily with a chain saw to lend new form to the pieces of wood, which are initially large. The so-called “carving” process (cutting with a chain saw) reminds her of her style of drawing. For Inken Rave-Lohmann it is simply a necessary consequence that she moves from her impasto, relief-like style of painting to sculpting and that she engages in this new style with the same enthusiasm as previously.